Mastering Unity VR Game Dev: Craft Immersive Experiences
Harnessing Unity's XR Toolkit: Custom Interactions, Procedural Generation, Unity's Event System and Audio Management
Want to make Virtual Reality games and apps in Unity?
Keen to expand your skillset to include XR interactions, so you can create engaging XR games and experiences? Then this course is for you!
Unity has added a ton of functionality and features for making VR products, allowing you to bring your ideas to life. And, thanks to the mock headset in the XR interaction toolkit, you can enter play mode on your PC - meaning you don't need a VR headset to create VR games!
In this course, you’ll learn how to harness the power of Unity's XR Interaction Toolkit, along with its Interaction & Locomotion Modules to build immersive XR experiences.
Get hands-on experience designing and implementing custom interactions for UI elements, interactable game objects and hinges, providing users with intuitive and engaging XR interactions.
You’ll get the most from this course if you have some familiarity with the Unity editor, and beginner to intermediate C# knowledge.
You’ll get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
You’ll also gain access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
Dive into the extraordinary world of VR and begin your XR journey today!
What we'll do in the course...
- Dive into Unity's XR UI modules and prefabs, and learn how customize and integrate them into your XR projects effectively, to fit your design requirements.
- Create a custom drawer interactable that allows users to interact with objects in a realistic and engaging manner, enhancing immersion within the XR world.
- Learn how to generate procedural walls and incorporate a remote detonation system, enabling users to destroy and interact with the environment dynamically.
- Design and implement a door system with a UI Combo Lock, providing users with a challenging and interactive way to progress through your XR experience.
- Develop an audio management system that enhances the overall immersive gaming experience. Understand how to use audio to create a sense of presence and realism within the XR world.
What you'll learn...
- Learn how to harness the power of Unity's XR Interaction Toolkit and its Interaction & Locomotion Modules to build immersive XR experiences.
- Discover how to design and implement custom interactions for UI elements, interactable game objects, and hinges, providing users with intuitive and engaging XR interactions.
- Learn advanced techniques to procedurally generate walls and environmental elements, empowering you to build dynamic and varied XR worlds efficiently.
- Harness the power of Unity's Event System to streamline XR interactions, enabling communication between different elements of your XR experience.
- Explore the techniques and best practices to integrate spatial audio into your XR projects, enhancing the sense of presence and realism for users.
Welcome to GameDev.tv. Weve spent the last decade working with world class instructors to create the perfect learning experience for game development. Join our global community of over 2 million students and start making your own games today!