Unity 2D RPG: Complete Combat System
Code your own top-down RPG game combat system in Unity using C#
Create your own classic 2D top-down RPG game using Unity, an industry-standard game development program used by many large gaming studios and indie developers across the world.
Role Playing Games can be complex to create, with many interacting gameplay systems. We make it easy for you, with this online course that teaches you step-by-step how to make the foundations of any good RPG - from scratch.
In this course you’ll create the foundation of a 2D top-down RPG game, giving your players a fun combat moment in a well crafted level, based upon a solid game design, built using a robust code architecture.
In this “beginner +” course you’ll learn to manage a bigger project from start to finish, learning beginner to more intermediate techniques and C# fundamentals.
So if you’re…
- Ready to break out from beginner tutorials and build something you can call your own?
- Familiar with the basics of Unity and looking to take the next steps?
- Looking to build a solid foundation of C# fundamentals with Unity?
This is the course for you!
You’ll get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
And you’ll get access to the Q&A where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Building an RPG is an amazing way to level-up your game development skills, so grab your magic staff and start improving your game development right now.
What you'll learn...
- 2D top-down movement, combining C# and animator components.
- A combat system with multiple weapons.
- Scene management & scene persistence.
- Tilemap, rule tiles, animated tiles, and scene workflow.
- Manage a bigger project from start to finish learning beginner to more intermediate techniques.
- Beginner → Intermediate C# fundamentals.
Get started now!
Hi, y'all! I'm Stephen, fancy seeing you here.
My earliest memories of game design are in my childhood creating custom rules and splicing together board games with my friends. While game design got away from me in adulthood, I’ve reignited the passion for game dev in the past few years.
I tried picking up Unity and programming a couple of times over the years but always seemed to fall short. It wasn’t until I found GameDev.tv that it really stuck! I’ve now fallen into the endless pit of learning of all things indie game dev - and I’m absolutely obsessed!
Other hobbies include hiking in the Utah mountains with my dog and wife, loading up another game of Dota 2 for the quintillionth time, and pretending to be good at poker.