Complete C# Unity Developer 2D - The World's Most Popular Unity Course
Game development & design. Learn Unity 2018 in C#. Your first seven 2D Unity games for web, Mac & PC. Includes Tilemap. (35 hours)
Learn how to create video games using Unity, the world-leading free-to-use game development tool. We start super simple so you need no prior experience of Unity or coding! With our online tutorials, you'll be amazed what you can achieve right from the first moment you start the course.
Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and the GameDevtv team who are regularly engaged in the forums and Q&A section. Go on to build several games including:
- Laser Defender: A Top-Down Space Shooter with enemies to shoot and dodge;
- Glitch Garden: A Tower Defense game with different tower types and enemy types, and a basic resources system;
- TileVania: A fast-paced classic Side-Scrolling Platformer using Unity's Tilemap tool;
- Block Breaker: A basic "Breakout" style game which introduces Unity's built in physics engine.
Prefer to start with 3D games? Check-out our sister course, the Complete C# Unity Developer 3D. Already have some Unity knowledge, and want something more challenging? Check-out our epic RPG Core Combat Creator. More interested in creating 3D models from scratch? Start with our Complete Blender Creator course. Our green leaf logo is a symbol of passion and quality.
You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Our thriving discussion forum will help you learn and share ideas with other students.
The course is project-based as we believe this is the best way to learn Unity and C#. You will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to real indie games as you go. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources - you'll never get stuck. There are talking-head videos, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
Oh, and it's just bigger and better than other Unity courses you will find online. See the course length and reviews.
For each demo game you build you will follow this process...
- Be challenged to build the entire game yourself.
- Be shown step-by step how to build it.
- Be challenged to apply, and re-apply your knowledge regularly.
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced coders and avid gamers, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
You will learn C#, and in turn build a solid foundation for Object Oriented Programming. By the end of the course you'll be very confident in the basics of coding and game development, and hungry to learn more.
What this course DOESN'T cover...
While this course is already huge, we can't possibly cover everything. Here are some things we will not be covering...
- Performance optimization.
- Editor plugins or modifications.
- Physics engine modification*
* Separate mini-course to cover these this now available.
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unity is a fantastic platform which enables you to make production-quality games. Furthermore these games can be created for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and Web from a single source!
If you're a complete beginner, we'll teach you all the coding and game design principles you'll need. If you're an artist, we'll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you're a coder, we'll teach you game design principles.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and art assets, as well as connect with other students.
Dive in and learn Unity now, you won't be disappointed!
What will you learn in this course?
- Learn C#, a powerful modern language, from scratch. No prior programming experience is necessary.
- Become excellent at using the Unity game engine.
- Build a solid foundation for game design and game development that will help you build your own games.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Create playable game projects - good for your portfolio, or just for your own sense of achievement.
- Transfer your knowledge from this course to .NET, other languages, and more.
- Develop highly transferable coding problem solving skills.
- Be part of an amazing and supportive community of people similar to you.
Hi, I'm Rick, nice to meet you all.
I've been making video games for a living for more than 14 years as a Game Designer, Producer, Creative Director, and Executive Producer, creating games for console, mobile, PC and Facebook. I founded an Indie game studio, called Inspirado Games, which was acquired in 2012 by Electronic Arts / PopCap. I also worked on cool IPs such as Mario, Transformers, Captain America and Mortal Kombat and created successful new IPs from scratch (such as "GardenMind" which was nominated for Canadian Game of the Year in the social / mobile category).
As a qualified Career Coach, I've helped thousands of people achieve their dream of making games for a living - both as Indie Game Developers and as valuable game industry employees.
Course Curriculum (34+ hours)
PreviewWhy You Should Buy This Course (2:38)
PreviewDownload Unity & Visual Studio (5:32)
PreviewYour First Code (10:42)
PreviewFixing Visual Studio Problems (4:47)
PreviewNotes For Mac Users (3:42)
PreviewCommunity & Support (4:51)
PreviewSection Wrap Up (0:25)
PreviewTest Your Understanding - Intro & Setup #1
PreviewWelcome To Number Wizard Console (1:42)
PreviewPrint To Console With Debug.Log() (10:52)
PreviewIntroducing Variables (7:23)
PreviewRespond To Player Input (15:49)
PreviewUsing if, else if & else (5:29)
PreviewScope And Context Of Variables (9:50)
PreviewCalculate Guess Variable (11:29)
PreviewFunctions & Encapsulating (12:01)
PreviewNumber Wizard Console Wrap Up (1:18)
PreviewTest Your Understanding - Number Wizard #1
Frequently Asked Questions
"Congratulations team for this amazing course.
The programming concepts are presented in a way that make them easy to understand. The course is so well structured that following simple steps you complete each section with a solid game prototype that can be scalable to a real video game.
Really enjoyed the course, and the instructors hangouts, when discussing about the different approach to get a solution for a challenge.
Keep it that way and congrats all!"