Blender Visual Effects: Real World Meets CG - EARLY ACCESS
Create your own Hollywood action scenes in Blender!
In this course we bring together computer graphics (CG) with real world video footage to make a final scene just like in a blockbuster movie. By the end of the course you'll have created your own short scene, such as a CG orc running down a city path.
You'll learn all about preparing assets, improving textures, lighting, compositing, camera positioning, keying, camera shake and a bunch more techniques used in professional Visual Effects studios.
This course is for students who already have a basic familiarity with Blender.
With our online tutorials, you'll be amazed what you can achieve right from the first moment you start the course. Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and the GameDev.tv team who are regularly engaged in the forums and Q&A section
What you'll learn...
- Use Blender to merge computer graphics with real-world footage just like they do in blockbuster movies.
- Learn the fundamentals of compositing in order to make all of the elements (real and CG) look like they seamlessly belong together.
- Block out your scene and set up cameras to tell the story you want to tell.
- Refine textures and improve lighting to give the look you want.
- Add polish such as depth of field, screen shake and color correction to make your scene look professional quality.
Hi, I’m Alfie!
I’m a professional compositor and I also do a lot of work as a freelance VFX artist for music videos, short films, and commercials.
I studied Games Design and Creative Media Production at college before securing an apprenticeship, which is how I broke into the VFX industry. Since then, I’ve had the opportunity to work for a huge number of incredible brands, from music videos for artists like The Chemical Brothers to a live action Harry Potter short film made by Warner Brothers. I’ve also working on cinematic trailers for games such as Apex Legends and Valorant.
I also have a small YouTube channel where I post lots of VFX content. Tutorials, short films, VFX breakdowns and more!